Monday, June 15, 2009

Why would anyone actually care?

It seems I've misunderstood blogging. My understanding was that blogging was meant to be interesting/appealing/enjoyable/desirable to the reader. But apparently, blogging intention is none of these. Rather it can be likened to a journal or diary entry. And can be personal emotion/reaction to the mundanes of everyday life. Ergo, I write.

One might ask... why are you writing this? Why do you think I care. This is case and point. Why do we care? Do we actually care? Most often, opinionated people are irritating. Constantly sharing what they think. Attempting to convince you of their way. (I am this person, and I bother most.)

In public conversation, people retreat from such. Yet, people seem to be drawn to the www for this explicit purpose. A probable consensus is that most of us would say that we are NOT swayed by views of others, yet we willingly seek out opinions from such. Is the truth that we all dream ourselves to be the original/captain/leader/alpha? But in truth, are we all just followers masked as our own version of a Real?

At work this morning, I listened to a co-worker describe with great vigor and excitement about an amazing financial opportunity he had discovered. This was to be realization of my financial freedom. And with a complete straight face and sincerity of heart, he told me the new and revolutionary company known as Amway. Our genius is contained in our own delivery of 2nd thoughts to first time listeners.

Why?

There it is. Blog.

-Nathan

1 comment:

  1. will there be a second blog coming? the conclusion sounds as if this was it. your one and only blog. don't keep us in suspense for too long

    ReplyDelete